Sign in or start a free trial to avail of this feature.
1. Using the Performance Recorder
Tableau's performance recorder helps you identify specific queries and views that are causing delays. In this lesson, we will learn how to run the performance recorder and interpret the results.
Running the performance recorder
1 Click on the Help dropdown
2 Click on Settings and Performance
3 Click on Start Performance Recording
4 Perform the actions you wish to monitor
5 Click on Stop Performance Recording
Tips for improving the performance of various actions
- Computing layouts: If layouts are taking too long, consider simplifying your visualization
- Connecting to data source: Slow connections could be due to network issues or issues with the database server
- Executing query: For live connections, if queries are taking too long, consider using an extract to speed up performance
- Generating extract: To speed up extract generation, consider only importing some data from the original data source
- Geocoding: To speed up geocoding performance, try using less data or filtering out data
- Blending data: To speed up data blending, try using less data or filtering out data