Sign in or start a free trial to avail of this feature.
1. Extract Filters
Extract filters are used to reduce the amount of data stored in your extracts so as to improve performance. Find out how to use them in this lesson.
The 6 different types of filters in Tableau
- Extract filters
- Data source filters
- Context filters
- Dimension filters
- Measure filters
- Table calculation filters
- Are the lowest-level filter and are especially useful when pulling data from very large sources
- Help you specify what data needs to be included in the extract and what data can be ignored
- Ensure that you don’t have unused data stored in your extract, affecting loading times and performance
- When connecting to databases or cloud storage platforms, always consider inserting an extract filter