Sign in or start a free trial to avail of this feature.
1. Building Tableau Visualizations
Visualizations are the most powerful feature within Tableau. In this opening lesson, I'll show you how to create different types of charts using the Show Me dropdown.
Visualizations in Tableau
- Tableau offers a wealth of visualization options for your data
- This course will show you how and when to deploy the most useful visualizations
- Visualizations are created using the Show Me dropdown in the top-right corner
How to create a visualization
- To get started, simply drag the measures and dimensions you want to visualize into shelves
- Tableau will then automatically choose which visualization best suits your data
- This may not be the best option, so experiment with the different available options
- Also experiment with the different options in the Marks card to improve your visualization
- To undo a change in a visualization, simply press Undo or use the shortcut, CTRL + Z