Sign in or start a free trial to avail of this feature.
1. Introducing the Case
Formulas in Tableau are often written in a shelf above the visualization. In this lesson, We'll go through how to do this and introduce the data set for this course.
Writing formulas in Tableau
- Tableau has its own Calculation Language that you will need for writing formulas
- Thankfully, this language is similar to Microsoft Excel and very easy to learn
- Formulas are typically written either in a shelf or in a calculated field
- Tableau also has some pre-built formulas, stored as Quick Table Calculations that are very popular
Introducing the case
- The dataset contains pharmaceutical sales data for 19 products
- Each row represents monthly sales of a product to a single customer
- The dataset comprises over 50,000 rows so download files will be larger than usual