Sign in or start a free trial to avail of this feature.
1. Adding Trend Lines to Data
For some data sets, we may want to create a model to establish relationships between different variables. In this lesson, we'll go through how to do this with Tableau's trend lines feature.
- Trend lines can establish relationships between different variables in your dataset
- Trend lines tend to work best with x-y scatter plots - The strength of the relationship is determined by the r-squared value
- The closer r-squared is to 1, the stronger the relationship
4 trend lines available in Tableau
- Linear - Logarithmic - Exponential - Polynomial