Sign in or start a free trial to avail of this feature.
1. Adding a Date Table
When conducting time based analysis in Power Pivot, you need to use a date table. We will learn what date tables are, why they are needed and how to add them to Power Pivot.
Need for Date Tables
- Often the date field in a dataset does not include every date between the first date and the last date
- Power Pivot can only use dates that are in the data model
- A date table contains every date between the start and end of the dataset
Adding a Date Table
- Adding a date table and creating a relationship with the data model means that all the necessary dates are in the data model
- Using the date field from the date table, time intelligence functions will work correctly
- In Excel 2016, date tables can be added automatically
Alt H, SA – Sort column in ascending order
Alt H, W – Open Diagram View
Alt H, D2 – Open data view